From: Mike Owen <kyphros@×××××.com>
To: "Longman, Bill" <longman@×××××××××.com>
Cc: "gentoo-laptop@l.g.o" <gentoo-laptop@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Dell Latitude C640
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:16:49
1 On 5/24/06, Longman, Bill <longman@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mike,
3 >
4 > What BIOS version are you running? Mine is A02. I have just installed the
5
6 I updated to A04 before building this laptop, so that is probably the
7 reason mine is working.
8
9 Try doing:
10 echo /sbin/suspend2ui_text > /proc/suspend2/userui_program
11 echo 1 > /proc/suspend2/do_suspend
12
13 On my laptop, that'll suspend to disk, and poweroff. Upon booting,
14 it'll drop me right back where I left off.
15
16 I dumped those commands into a script I added to /etc/acpi/actions
17 that gets called when an acpi sleep event is generated, which is what
18 hitting the Fn + Esc keys do on the keyboard.
19
20 Try updating to A04, I think it'll solve your problems.
21
22 Oh, and my lilo.conf is very simple, I don't use an initrd or pass any
23 suspend2 options. Suspend2 is compiled into the kernel, with only the
24 swapwriter configured. The swap partition is also hard coded, and I
25 don't have the "Allow Keep Image Mode" option checked.
26
27 Mike
30 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list