From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Install on a Dell E4300
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:48:46
On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:15 PM, David <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net> wrote:

> Francisco Rivas wrote: > >> but the resto of the installation was really problematic >> > Could you explain some details? >
Of course, sorry. I do not know if the problems were because of the driver or other things but after get the ethernet working and set the flags in make.conf file the installation of the packages like libraries and awesome wm 3 (that need newer version of some libraries) and openoffice gave me some errors, some of them were fixed looking for responses in this mailing list and others were my mistakes, things such as the video acceleration I could not get working. I forgot to say that I am trying a 64 bits installation. I have to say that I tried to do this installation 2 months ago I installed another linux distro, because this laptop is the one that I use for work, but I have been using gentoo for almost 1 year and a half I and really want to get it working on my new laptop. thanks in advance.
> > -- > Powered by Gentoo GNU/LINUX > > > > > >
-- Francisco Rivas - And on the seventh day God said :wq and then make Linux User (New) : #448324 Linux Machine (New) : 355187

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-laptop] Install on a Dell E4300 Steev Klimaszewski <steev@×××××.net>