From: "Ramón Gutiérrez" <hollowsoft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Toshiba A70 Restart Problem
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 03:15:18
1 im using Acpi i think. BTW i just uninstalled it.
2
3 On 7/16/05, Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > Ramón Gutiérrez wrote:
6 > > i got the same problem here with my a75. That problem only happen in
7 > > Gentoo for me, i tried Debian, Slack, Ubuntu, mandrake and in all of
8 > > them it worked nice so i dont know how to get it in Gentoo.
9 > >
10 > > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
11 > > From: *Ian K* <omega_2_1@×××××.ca <mailto:omega_2_1@×××××.ca>>
12 > > Date: Jul 4, 2005 6:38 PM
13 > > Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Toshiba A70 Restart Problem
14 > > To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o <mailto:
15 > gentoo-laptop@l.g.o>
16 > >
17 > > Hi there,
18 > > I had Gentoo on my laptop for a while, but then I had to format the
19 > drive.
20 > > Im of course putting Gentoo back on, but was wondering about something.
21 > > Whenever I restarted the computer under Linux, a restart just didn't
22 > happen.
23 > > It would shutdown fine, but just before the BIOS splash screen pops up,
24 > > the monitor
25 > > would go off(?) and the keyboard lights did not respond. (Caps lock). I
26 > > would have to
27 > > turn the laptop off with the power button and turn it on again. Kind of
28 > > a pain.
29 > > Do you know how to resolve this next time around?
30 > > Ian
33 > That sounds like it's related to the power management features of your
34 > kernels. Are you guys using apm or acpi?
35 >
36 > Zac
37 > --
38 > gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list