From: "Jan K." <me@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] EEE PC wierdness with NetworkManager
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:50:26
Hi Christopher,
I am using gentoo on an eeepc 701 4G. I was trying kernel 2.6.23 with
eeepatches ( with the actual snapshop from madwifi
hal, which was working well
( exept
some powermanagement issues (suspend to ram) which I got fixed by
upgrading to actual 2.6.26 kernel.

With this kernel I also have problems with the wireless card (kernel
2.6.26: ath5k) like here:

I was quite pissed to see an "it's a known bug, don't bother, its only
optional" at the end of each of those tickets. I mean, a working wlan on
a eeepc for me is more than optional. maybe and hopefully this will work
on future kernels, till then we will all have to use the non-kernel
drivers for eeepc connectivity:

atl2 (wired network):

ath_hal (wireless network):

and or refer to the following page, which helped me very much:

and beyond all, have fun ;-)