From: Andrew Horowitz <baal.killer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Fwd: Re: Wich kernel to use for a laptop.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:07:04
linux itself dose not impliment ACPI the kernel only gives the
interface to use it so even after you have your hole system installed
it wont controle the ACPI by itself there are programs like acpid and
cpudyn that will do that for you

what happens is that some componys put the controling fetures of ACPI
directly in the BIOS and the BIOS controles the hole thing