From: Andrew Horowitz <baal.killer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Fwd: Re: Wich kernel to use for a laptop.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:07:04
1 linux itself dose not impliment ACPI the kernel only gives the
2 interface to use it so even after you have your hole system installed
3 it wont controle the ACPI by itself there are programs like acpid and
4 cpudyn that will do that for you
5
6 what happens is that some componys put the controling fetures of ACPI
7 directly in the BIOS and the BIOS controles the hole thing
10 On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 04:31:45 +0000, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.