From: "Lars.Dickes" <Lars.Dickes@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] UMTS
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:07:28
1 Am Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:19:42 +0200
2 schrieb Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>:
3 > I'd like to use an UMTS adapter on my laptop. I could use USB,
4 > Firewire (mini) or ExpressCard.
5 >
6 > All HowTo's that I could find were rather old and referred to
7 > PCMCIA. Now I'd like to know:
8 >
9 > a) Which adapter would you suggest?
10 I use the HUAWEI E220 HSDPA USB Modem, and it works really smooth.
11
12 > b) What is the current best practice to make them work?
13 Found a Howto for this modem on several sites. I use pppd for dialup
14 with a custom script to log the data-volume.
15 Here is the link to the Howto i used:
16 http://wwwu.uni-klu.ac.at/agebhard/HuaweiE220/
17 The only differences i found are that Gentoo pppd don't know the
18 replacedefaultroute argument; just delete it; and SUBSYSTEM=="usb"
19 has to be BUS=="usb"... just did it as he told an everything just
20 worked fine
21
22 Regards,
23 Lars
24
25 ---
26 () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
27 /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments
28
29 http://www.dahlmann.net/?Informatives/Gekonntes_E-Mailen