From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] wireless and service dependencies
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:18:46
1 On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 08:19:20AM -0500, Fabio A Correa wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hello,
6 >
7 > Study /etc/conf.d/net.example and write a postup() function in /etc/conf.d/net ; Postup is my
8 > preferred way of starting sshd and ntpd, because my wireless network is managed by
9 > wpa_supplicant. Then, when I move my laptop from an access point to another, such services must
10 > be restarted. Nothing better than having Gentoo restarting such services for you.
11 >
12 > Here goes an example:
13 >
14 > postup () {
15 > /etc/init.d/ntpd restart
16 > /etc/init.d/sshd restart
17 > /etc.init.d/cupsd restart
18 > }
21 ...
24 > > This behaviour is fine, to certain extent, because if net.eth0 comes up
25 > > I'd be happy to have sshd and ntpd start.
28 Is there a specific reason why you have to restart sshd after you
29 restart/change network services? I don't know about ntpd and cupsd
30 because I start them only in some places, but I have sshd running all
31 the time (with RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="lo" in /etc/conf.d/rc) it works
32 correctly (it listens on 0.0.0.0 so any ip changes don't affect it).
33 I suppose cupsd and ntpd should be the same (well maybe they would have
34 to be configured to listen on 0.0.0.0, if they are listening on the ip
35 from an interface by default...)
36
37 yoyo
41 _