From: Ovidiu Bivolaru <ovidiu@×××××××××××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] swsusp2 *hang* :(
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:26:43
I'm installing vanilla-sources- now. After emerging kernel
sources, go to and get
Unpack it somewhere i.e. /root/software-supend then go to
/usr/src/linux- and use: /root/software-suspend/apply.
 This will patch the kernel. Then "make menuconfig" and choose whatever
you need,  save and "make ; make modules_install".
 Copy the kernel and to /boot, edit grub.conf:
        kernel (hd0,X)/boot/vmlinuz- root=/dev/hdaX
psmouse.proto=imps resume2=swap:/dev/hdaX

 Also, I don't use kernel IBM ACPI option, but I did used: emerge
ibm-acpi  + radeontool  hibernate and laptop-mode-tools (take care with
HDD spindown options - I've disabled that features as they are dangerous ).
 I don't use genkernel or initrd usually, but now I have initrd for
 You might find useful this:
and a nice article here
 I hope it helps!