From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o, sci-mathematics@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] [ Re: State of gnu common lisp]
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 03:04:25
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Thomas Kahle wrote:
> over at the science overlay we are trying to revive > sci-mathematics/axiom which heavily relies on gnu common lisp (and no > other dialect). In fact, the current ebuild will ship an internal > version of what axiom upstream calls gcl-2.6.8_pre4.
Why not just use fricas? It's in the main tree, and can be compiled by sbcl, cmucl, clozurecl, clisp, ecl (and probably gcl).
> I would love to see an unmasked gcl at some point.
Me too. Debian ships usable gcl for lots of architectures. I think we can just return to the old practice: take the 2.6.7 tarball + the (huge!) debian patch number <n>, and ship the result as 2.6.8_pre<n>. Andrey

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-lisp] [ Re: State of gnu common lisp] Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>