From: Chema Alonso <nimiux@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Gentoo's Lisp Project status
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:59:59
1 On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 08:01:55PM +0300, Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I know most of you must be very frustrated with the current status of the
5 > common-lisp and scheme herds, I apologize one more time for this but speaking
6 > for myself my situation has not changed a bit the last years (too much work,
7 > very little free time and no daily contact with gentoo stuff). I'm writing this
8 > because I feel something must be done to give the spark again to the project.
9 >
10 > I will add the project in Staffing Needs page[1], but someone will have to train
11 > new developers. I don't know if I can, I tried last year with Daniel but due to
12 > lack of time (my side) he quit and wouldn't like see this happening again.
13 >
14 > I believe there are three major issues we should fix, one is bumping guile to a
15 > recent version(guile-2), second is someone to finally review and push the
16 > common-lisp-3.eclass and third is to review/cleanup the overlay a bit. I'm very
17 > slowly working on the first one. In any case, someone needs to step up and start
18 > fixing bugs and there is no hope for changes in my real life that will give me
19 > more free time, any time soon. If you are already a developer and you're working
20 > with lisp, please step up. If you're a user and want to help, mail me or
21 > gentoo's recruiters, I'll mail them to let them know that we need mentors for
22 > the Lisp Project.
23 >
24 > Any thoughts/complaints/ideas/issues, please reply to this. I know there are new
25 > people in the list, their opinion matters the most.
26 >
27 > Last, I want to thank José María Alonso(nimiux), Andrey Grozin(grozin) and our
28 > overlay's random committers(Erik, Cyprien and others) who 've been keeping the
29 > project alive the last year(s).
30 >
31 > Thank you all,
32 >
33 > Panagiotis
34 >
35 > [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs
36 >
37 > --
38 > Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
39 > ( Gentoo Lisp Project )
42 Thanks back pchrist,
43
44 I'd like to work in moving common-lisp-3.eclass and some overlay packages
45 to the tree, but I am very busy right now. I've marked myself as devaway but I
46 think I can get some time to contribute on this. If someone wants to work in
47 this, please, reply to this message.
48
49 Regards.