From: Marijn <hkBst@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Finally, a fix for bug #335418, now what?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:04:05

On 23-02-12 18:50, Erik Falor wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:14:07AM +0100, Marijn wrote: >> Hi Erik, >> >> I notice that the SRC_URI contains an explicit version. Ideally >> we shouldn't have to adjust it once 4.7.1 and 4.8.0 come out. >> Would ${PV} not accomplish that? > > ${PV} does accomplish that. Thank you for pointing this out. > >> I also notice that the ebuild still unsets some variables (A >> ARCH). I consider it a bug if this is necessary. Have you checked >> whether it is still necessary? If so what is the state of fixing >> portage so we don't need to do this unsetting? > > Unfortunately, this step is still necessary as those variables are > still in conflict with the Makefiles. > > I was not aware that there had been any discussion by the portage > devs about this issue. The only bug I could find is #127560 - is > that the effort you are talking about? Or are you suggesting that > we file a new bug?
I thought there was a specific bug about chicken's use of A and that of portage conflicting, but I can't find it now. The Changelog isn't very helpful either. I did find bug 208535 about a similar problem with O which was resolved by fixing portage. I think a good way to move forward is probably to just open a new bug about this.
>> Otherwise looks good. >> >> Marijn > > If you feel good about just the ${PV} fix, I'll check this in to > the overlay tonight.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-lisp] Finally, a fix for bug #335418, now what? Erik Falor <ewfalor@×××××.com>