From: Crystalsun <crystalsun@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-lisp@l.g.o" <gentoo-lisp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] Emerge in Common Lisp
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:05:29
1 Anyone thought about implementing Emerge in Common Lisp?
2 I guess it could be useful due to the interactiveness Common Lisp provides, and Python doesn't (at least not enough of it). For example, when emerging a package, if an error occures, the whole process will die since the merge of the current atom. However, if emerge was written in Common Lisp, it could be possible to interactively debug the error and continue the process, which, overall, means more user control of what's happening and better hotfixes, thanks to the fact that REPL is part of the language.
3 I know it may sound ambitious, but at least it seems like an interesting idea to me, would be great if anyone has thoughts on this topic