From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: Stelian Ionescu <sionescu@×××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Last Rites: dev-lisp/gcl-cvs
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:33:21
Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> I'm not surprised, given how broken a compiler GCL is even on i386
last rites is sounding better every day. :)
> CMUCL is slowly, but actively, maintained > >> ? It's still masked on AMD64, right? > > IIRC, CMUCL's AMD64 port was abandoned 3 years ago because the company > that financed it switched to sbcl. I think it should work on a mixed > 32/64 bit profile but I haven't got any such machine; perhaps you'd like > to try to compile that and patch cmucl-19d_pre1-r1.ebuild accordingly ?
Well ... as long as SBCL does everything I need (Common Music and Maxima) I don't really need CMUCL. Now I'd really like to have only *one* Lisp, so whichever fork of Axiom comes up with a solid SBCL build first gets my vote. :) Seriously, though, we probably should think about OpenAxiom or FriCAS at least in the "science" overlay. -- gentoo-lisp@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-lisp] Last Rites: dev-lisp/gcl-cvs "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o>