From: Akater <nuclearspace@×××××.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@×××.org, gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] How to apply live swank melpa update? (SBCL, ASDF 3.1.5 (?), GNU Emacs 26.0.91)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 07:29:16
1 How do I apply swank update coming with GNU Emacs SLIME melpa update without
2 restarting Lisp?
3
4 Initially I just tried to
5
6 (asdf:load-system "swank")
7
8 which signalled a SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR while attempting to WRITE-FILE
9 located at a previous slime directory which directory does not exist
10 anymore after SLIME update.
11
12 Restarting SLIME signalled the same error, only now I'm not connected to
13 Lisp image at all. At this point, I don't know what to do sans
14 restarting Lisp which would be unwelcome.
15
16 What should I have done and what do I do now? (Clearly, at least I
17 should have started a different SLIME connection for this attempt at
18 restart.)
19
20 Note regarding ASDF version: Gentoo says ASDF 3.1.5, manual shipped with
21 current SBCL (1.4.5) says 3.3.1. Without connection to Lisp, I can't say
22 much more.