From: Imran Rafique <imran@×××××××.org>
To: Marijn <hkBst@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] vim with embedded racket
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 01:45:17
1 Will do. But there's one issue. I needed to replace /usr/bin/mzscheme
2 with a symlink to /usr/bin/racket.
3
4 Racket-5.1 (from this overlay) installs a /usr/bin/mzscheme binary in
5 addition to /usr/bin/racket. Seems like some useless leftover artifact
6 ('racket' provides the repl, 'mzscheme' segfaults)
7
8 Vim-7.3 was released when racket was still plt-scheme, and it
9 specifically looked for the mzscheme binary. vim-7.3.049 updated the
10 scheme support to work with racket, but vim still looks for
11 '/usr/bin/mzscheme' and uses it (sure, thats an upstream issue, but
12 its what we have right now).
13
14 Replacing /usr/bin/mzscheme with a symlink to /usr/bin/racket sorted
15 that issue out, but this really needs to be something which the racket
16 ebuild itself resolves (whats that mzscheme binary for, anyway?)
19 Regards,
20        Imran Rafique
21
22 (skype: imran_rafique)