From: Imran Rafique <imran@×××××××.org>
To: Marijn <hkBst@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] vim with embedded racket
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 01:45:17
Will do. But there's one issue. I needed to replace /usr/bin/mzscheme
with a symlink to /usr/bin/racket.

Racket-5.1 (from this overlay) installs a /usr/bin/mzscheme binary in
addition to /usr/bin/racket. Seems like some useless leftover artifact
('racket' provides the repl, 'mzscheme' segfaults)

Vim-7.3 was released when racket was still plt-scheme, and it
specifically looked for the mzscheme binary. vim-7.3.049 updated the
scheme support to work with racket, but vim still looks for
'/usr/bin/mzscheme' and uses it (sure, thats an upstream issue, but
its what we have right now).

Replacing /usr/bin/mzscheme with a symlink to /usr/bin/racket sorted
that issue out, but this really needs to be something which the racket
ebuild itself resolves (whats that mzscheme binary for, anyway?)

       Imran Rafique

(skype: imran_rafique)

On 12 April 2011 08:32, Marijn <hkBst@g.o> wrote:

Subject Author