From: Stelian Ionescu <sionescu@××××.org>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] [RFC] A couple of ideas
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:16:31
1 On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 13:02 -0300, Tomás Touceda wrote:
2 [...]
3 > I've taken a look at lispy and clbuild, since we don't need to install
4 > any of the packages, we just need the tarballs, I think using/modifying
5 > this kind of projects is a little bit too much. How did you proposed to
6 > use this kind of systems? May be I missunderstood your idea.
7 > I'm not proposing of making a whole package manager, just a little app
8 > that may be takes a little bit of time to get done, but once it's there,
9 > it can make our lives easier regarding checking for updates and mirroring.
10
11 I didn't say that we should use/modify those projects, rather that we
12 and them could start a new project that would maintain tarballs for
13 those libraries that don't do proper releases. Gentoo and lispy/clbuild
14 would then use the tarballs produced by the "CL release" project
17 Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
18 Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
19 http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib