From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] Stepping down from Lisp Project Lead and more
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 18:55:50
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I just wanted to let you know that due to obvious reasons, I can stay Lead to
4 the Lisp Project no more. I've been devaway for many years, but this is not the
5 case. I joined the Project when I was University student. At that time I had a
6 lot of free time (the golden age in Greece, just before our famous "crisis" hit
7 us) and was playing with AI projects so I wanted to learn Lisp etc. Nowadays,
8 I've become just a workaholic IT employee that still uses Gentoo for many
9 projects but not anything related to Lisp (sadly I even found more interest in
10 Prolog).
11
12 I have very little free time, but still want to help the Gentoo Project. I want to step
13 down (may even remove my self from scheme/common-lisp herds) and see if I can
14 work on some other area (base-system or cluster projects) where I still use
15 packages.
16
17 I will try though, to fix guile because someone has to do this.
18
19 People who want to help the Lisp Project (nimiux, ulm, grozin & power users)
20 shall gather to look into the future of the project. I said last time that I would add
21 an entry in Staffing Needs[1], but forgot. I'll do it as soon as I write some
22 good text for it.
23
24 For anyone who reads this and wants to help, if you are an AI student or PhD at some
25 University, you work on Lisp or have an interest in the Lisp field, please step up
26 and start helping. Also, if you're an upstream developer, start using Gentoo and
27 you will see that it is the perfect platform for development/testing.
28
29 Last, I want to apologize for not being around and for letting the bugzilla be
30 in such mess. I'm sorry guys.
31
32 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs
33
34 ps. I'm sending this to -dev too because everyone should know about the current
35 status of lisp in gentoo.
38 Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
39 ( Gentoo Lisp Project )