From: Stelian Ionescu <sionescu@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Last Rites: dev-lisp/gcl-cvs
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:35:06
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 07:33:52AM -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>Is GCL (upstream) really in trouble? I know SBCL is the most actively >maintained open source Common Lisp these days, but quite a few >projects have some GCL dependencies. The Axiom project (and its >forks) seem to be moving to Clisp, but their base build is still >GCL-based.
the Axiom project, well knowing GCL's problems, maintains its own GCL fork which is included in the tarballs it provides. I don't know about the other Axiom forks, since neither OpenAxiom nor FreeCAS are in portage that leaves maxima: infact the only reason why maxima still hangs to GCL is because they have no alternative to GCL on Windows, but that's not a problem for us -- Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-lisp] Last Rites: dev-lisp/gcl-cvs "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>