From: Cyprien Nicolas <c.nicolas@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-lisp] SLOTting dev-scheme/guile
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:02:41
Hello fellows,

I just pushed to our overlay [1] an update to three guile ebuilds in
order to support SLOTs via app-admin/eselect-guile, which was pushed along.

I attach the diffs to the three modified ebuilds and the eselect module
for review.

The commit diff can be found at:;a=commitdiff;h=8409eb91bf10a18080d33cb0c69797335f5aeec9

I have tested the slotting on my machines for a few weeks, but as I'm
not a guile user, I might have missed some issues, that why the
guile-1.8.8-r2 and guile-2.0.1 ebuilds are still masked.

guile-999 is *not* SLOTted 2.2 as I have file collisions on
I'm planning to ask upstream about that (plus the fact that guile-tools
in 999 ignore --program-suffix= configure option).

I now that guile-2.0.2 has been released, but I haven't tested the
SLOTting with that version yet, so I prefer to stick to a version I
tried for a while (actually I started to slot guile months ago).

Current issue with guile-2.0.1 haven't changed, they were reported by
Marijn in package.mask:
# - Broken emacs support (ulm has promised to look)
# - doesn't build when boehm-gc is built without threads

Last, there are several QA issues (reported by repoman) about the
current status of guile-2 and guile-999 ebuilds, those are trivial and
non-critical ones, but I didn't wanted to fix them at the same time. I
wanted the diff to only show the SLOTting-related changes.

Thanks for your interest in the Gentoo Lisp project,

Fulax on #gentoo-lisp

File name MIME type
guile-1.8.8-rX.ebuild.diff text/plain
guile-2.0.1.ebuild.diff text/plain