From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Last Rites: dev-lisp/gcl-cvs
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:45:59
1 Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
23
24 Do you know anyone on the Axiom, FriCAS, OpenAxiom or Sage lists? I'm on
25 all of them, and they're "Lisp-dependent". Briefly, there have been some
26 flamewars and two Axiom developers got upset enough to fork off FriCAS
27 and OpenAxiom. Where Sage fits into the picture is that they picked up
28 FriCAS. The last I looked (yesterday) FriCAS was building with Clisp
29 including all the X windows stuff. I'm not sure but I think they can
30 build with SBCL too, but prefer Clisp because Cygwin carries it, giving
31 them a working GUI CAS on a Windows box.
32
33 I haven't seen much from OpenAxiom or Sage recently, but the original
34 Axiom is still carrying its own GCL source, which doesn't always work
35 (like on AMD64 for 2.6.8pre, for example). For that matter, Axiom and
36 its forks also depend on a more recent "noweb" than what's in Gentoo,
37 and carry their own source of that too.
38
39 So I'd say Gentoo is probably safe with both SBCL and Clisp. Is CMUCL as
40 dead as I think it is? It's still masked on AMD64, right?
41 --
42 gentoo-lisp@g.o mailing list