From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Last Rites: dev-lisp/gcl-cvs
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:45:59
Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
Do you know anyone on the Axiom, FriCAS, OpenAxiom or Sage lists? I'm on all of them, and they're "Lisp-dependent". Briefly, there have been some flamewars and two Axiom developers got upset enough to fork off FriCAS and OpenAxiom. Where Sage fits into the picture is that they picked up FriCAS. The last I looked (yesterday) FriCAS was building with Clisp including all the X windows stuff. I'm not sure but I think they can build with SBCL too, but prefer Clisp because Cygwin carries it, giving them a working GUI CAS on a Windows box. I haven't seen much from OpenAxiom or Sage recently, but the original Axiom is still carrying its own GCL source, which doesn't always work (like on AMD64 for 2.6.8pre, for example). For that matter, Axiom and its forks also depend on a more recent "noweb" than what's in Gentoo, and carry their own source of that too. So I'd say Gentoo is probably safe with both SBCL and Clisp. Is CMUCL as dead as I think it is? It's still masked on AMD64, right? -- gentoo-lisp@g.o mailing list