From: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
To: Gentoo Lisp <gentoo-lisp@l.g.o>, sci-mathematics@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] [pxrist@gmail.com: Re: State of gnu common lisp]
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 08:00:15
Well, I did not know about it. The other fork "OpenAxiom" is already in the science overlay. On the other hand, I also don't use axiom. I'm just trying to work on bugs assigned to sci-math@g.o. In the end, dropping support for the original axiom, given that there is fricas, is one option to close these bugs.
> > I would love to see an unmasked gcl at some point. > Me too. Debian ships usable gcl for lots of architectures. I think we can > just return to the old practice: take the 2.6.7 tarball + the (huge!) > debian patch number <n>, and ship the result as 2.6.8_pre<n>.
Sounds good to me, and I think that is the setup axiom developers ship because Camm Maguire is both: gcl upstream, and gcl's maintainer in Debian. He also provides the gcl versions for axiom. Cheers, Thomas -- Thomas Kahle