From: Cyprien Nicolas <c.nicolas@×××××.com>
To: Morgon Kanter <morgon.kanter@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-lisp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-lisp] Ebuild for Racket 5.1
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:33:16
1 On 21/02/11 18:07, Morgon Kanter wrote:
2 > Hey folks,
3 >
4 > I noticed there wasn't yet an ebuild for the new version of Racket, so
5 > I went ahead and made one. It's attached.
6 >
7 > A couple changes besides just bumping the version number:
8 > * Doesn't really seem like that makefile patch was required anymore (I
9 > didn't need it), so I commented that out.
10 > * The new Racket GUI system doesn't appear to include any of those
11 > external libraries that the ebuild used to issue an "rm" for, so I
12 > removed those bits from the ebuild (as well as the formerly
13 > commented-out rm commands that were replaced by something different).
14 >
15 > That's it for the changes, aside from a version bump.
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 > -- Morgon
19
20 Actually, there is a work-in-progress ebuild, but I didn't had the time
21 to test it intensively, especially with the cgc and sgc garbage
22 collectors, and the plain USE flags (as the makefile patch is related to
23 those USEs), and I just it an "emake failed" with USE=plain.
24
25 Apart from some cosmetic changes (EAPI4, REAUIRED_USE="cgc? ( !sgc )",
26 some spacing) my ebuild is the same :)
27
28 May I ask you which USE flags combination(s) you tried it with, and on
29 which arch? (applies for Neil too).
30 Thanks for the feedback
31
32 Regards