From: Daniel Seichter <daniel@×××××××××.de>
To: "Gentoo-Mips@Gentoo. Org" <gentoo-mips@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Error booting first time Qube2
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 10:47:59
1 Hello,
2
3 After the last days, I compiled all necessary packages for my Qube 2 and
4 today I was able to restart it. But after loading the kernel, the following
5 error occured:
6 ********************
7 Freeing unused kernel memory: 132k freed
8 modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
9 /lib/modules/2.6.17.10-mipsgit-20060618/modules.dep: No such file or
10 directory
11 modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
12 /lib/modules/2.6.17.10-mipsgit-20060618/modules.dep: No such file or
13 directory
14
15 INIT: version 2.86 booting
16 Gentoo Linux; http://www.gentoo.org/
17 Copyright 1999-2006 Gentoo Foundation; Distributed under the GPLv2
18
19 Press I to enter interactive boot mode
20
21 * Mounting proc at /proc ... [
22 ok ]
23 * Mounting sysfs at /sys ... [
24 ok ]
25 * Mounting /dev for udev ...[ oops ]
28 * The "mount" command failed with error:
29
30 wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on udev,
31 missing codepage or other error
32 In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
33 dmesg | tail or so
34
35 * Since this is a critical task, startup cannot continue.
36
37 Give root password for maintenance
38 (or type Control-D to continue):
39 ********************
40
41 So, what can I do? I was sure to have enabled ext3 in kernel.
42
43 Hope there is a way to replace the kernel, maybe someone can send me a
44 working one, but mounting nfs or something else is not possible, as long as
45 I can't write to /etc.
46
47 Thank you very much in advance for help
48
49 Daniel
52 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list