From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Cc: blueness@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] On MIPS using the same CHOST for all multilib ABIs
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 04:47:34
1 Dnia 2014-01-16, o godz. 17:29:43
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 01/16/2014 04:24 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Because AC_PATH_TOOL uses CHOST and some random Gentoo invention.
6 >
7 > I got that AC_PATH_TOOL and AC_CHECK_TOOL prefix whatever utility they
8 > search for with the canonicalized chost (usually from config.guess), but
9 > I still don't see why we need this to avoid hackery? Can you give me a
10 > practial example because right now I just don't see a serious problem.
11
12 libgpg-error installs ${CHOST}-gpg-error-config.
13
14 Now libgcrypt (and possibly other tools) are using AC_PATH_TOOL to find
15 it. If we have proper CHOSTs, they find the right gpg-error-config
16 and we don't have to put any more effort into that. Then libgcrypt
17 installs ${CHOST}-libgcrypt-config.
18
19 Now other tools are using AC_PATH_TOOL to find proper libgcrypt-config.
20 If we have proper CHOSTs, it just works and we don't have to put any
21 more effort into that.
22
23 Same goes for LLVM & Mesa.
24
25 If we play by the rules nicely, all pieces fit together nicely and we
26 don't have to worry. If we don't, we ask the developers to spit Gentoo-
27 specific hackery all over the place.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny