From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Gentoo/MIPS SGI LiveCD RC5 release
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:17:11
1 Arianna Arona wrote:
2 > On Thursday 20 October 2005 06:15, Kumba wrote:
3 >> After lots of tinkering, testing and other odd n' ends, I released on
4 >> Tuesday a new revision of the SGI LiveCD. Like its predecessor, RC4, this
5 >> is a single CD that will boot and bring up several completely different SGI
6 >> systems to a state where an install can be started.
7 > [...]
8 >> Most notably, the SGI Origin (IP27) series.
9 >
10 > Hi,
11 > what a wonderfull news!!
12 > But I have always the same problem with IOC3 ethernet card.
13 > The kernel included in this new live cd detect the mac address and all network
14 > parameters (full duplex, 100Mb), but...... network doesn't work: Rx led
15 > blinks but Tx doesn't. No bits are sent along the cable and after some hour I
16 > have a RX buffer overflow.
17 >
18 > May this output be usefull?
19 >
20 > livecd root # lspci -x -vv -s 00:02.0
21
22 [snip]
23
24 IOC3 on this system? Octane or Origin?
27 --Kumba
30 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
31 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
32
33 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
34 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
35 --
36 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list