From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] On MIPS using the same CHOST for all multilib ABIs
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:39:18
1 On 01/17/2014 06:36 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Apologies for the stupid question (still trying to understand how our
4 >> multilib works) but if our CHOST are being a problem, how come our
5 >> multilib profiles work fine?
6 >
7 > The multilib profiles only *enable* multilib support by forcing on the
8 > multilib USE flag for gcc and glibc. Without it, your system will not
9 > have a C library built for non-default ABIs.
10 >
11 So if you have an eg multilib/n32 profile, and you emerge another
12 library (say libffi) you will only end up with n32 ABI libffi library?
13
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Markos Chandras