From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] MIPS32 little-endian Gentoo rootfs
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:13:31
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Manuel Lauss
<manuel.lauss@××××××××××.com> wrote:
> Hello, > > I've uploaded an updated version of my Gentoo installation for > little-endian softfloat MIPS32(r1) > processors (and of course newer ones). > > Highlights include: > - full native toolchain.  All packages have been compiled natively on > target hardware. > - based on portage snapshot from 111008 > - binutils-git from 111007 to work around udev and kernel build failures > - firefox-7.0.1 > - rebuilt most packages due to libpng-1.5 and other library updates > - python built against Linux-3.x > - latest ~arch packages > > > > > > > > > [still uploading] > > > Happy hacking, >       Manuel Lauss
Thanks a lot! This should help me build mips32 little endian stages now. Is floating point emulation handled by the kernel, or do glibc and gcc have to be compiled to support it? I tried building mips32-softfloat stages before, but ran into library incompatibilities. I can't see any value at all in providing mips32 hardfloat stages if the userland is different. Thanks, Matt

Subject Author
[gentoo-mips] Re: MIPS32 little-endian Gentoo rootfs Manuel Lauss <manuel.lauss@××××××××××.com>