From: Andrew Finley <afinley@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] PANIC: Unexpected exception at boot o2 R5000
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:35:53
Hello All,
I am trying to install on a O2 r5000.  After what I thought was a
successful kernel build, etc. (following the install instruction on the
MIPS project page, and using the experimental livecd).  I powered off
then tried to boot, then received the message below.

> boot -f vmlinux
2125824+167632 entry: 0x881d2040 Exception: <vector=UTLB Miss> Status register: 0x34010002<CUI,CU0,FR,DE,IPL=8,KX,MODE=KERNEL> Cause register: 0x.... Exception PC: 0x..., Exception RA: 0x... exception, bad address: 0x.... Saved user regs in hex (... ... PANIC: Unexpected exception [Press reset or ENTER to restart.] I'm not sure what you might need from the error so I just copied the beginning and end down. I double checked my steps an am not sure what is going on. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really really appreciate any help you could offer. -Andy -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list