From: Andrew Finley <afinley@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] PANIC: Unexpected exception at boot o2 R5000
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:35:53
1 Hello All,
2 I am trying to install on a O2 r5000. After what I thought was a
3 successful kernel build, etc. (following the install instruction on the
4 MIPS project page, and using the experimental livecd). I powered off
5 then tried to boot, then received the message below.
6
7 > boot -f vmlinux
8 2125824+167632 entry: 0x881d2040
9
10 Exception: <vector=UTLB Miss>
11 Status register: 0x34010002<CUI,CU0,FR,DE,IPL=8,KX,MODE=KERNEL>
12 Cause register: 0x....
13 Exception PC: 0x..., Exception RA: 0x...
14 exception, bad address: 0x....
15 Saved user regs in hex (...
16 ...
17
18 PANIC: Unexpected exception
19
20 [Press reset or ENTER to restart.]
21
22 I'm not sure what you might need from the error so I just copied the
23 beginning and end down.
24
25 I double checked my steps an am not sure what is going on. Does anyone
26 have any ideas? I would really really appreciate any help you could
27 offer.
28
29 -Andy
32 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list