From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Restore stable keywords on @system
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 07:48:39
1 On 01/23/2014 3:48 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 >> I think that you're probably right about the added problems of
3 >> attempting to keep a stable @system. Other stable architecture teams
4 >> aren't really able to keep up and I'm not convinced that we should
5 >> try.
6 >
7 > Given the limited manpower and hardware we have, I would say it is very
8 > hard to dedicate a box for testing a stable @system. If someone wants to
9 > take over this role, then fine by me, but we need to make sure he will
10 > be around and do this for as long as it takes.
11 >
12 > Personally, I am happy the way things are at the moment and fixing
13 > ~arch should be our priority
14
15 Aye, sticking with ~arch is still the best right now. Perhaps soon, we can
16 look at @system going stable once ~arch is nailed down. It's a bit of a
17 slippery slope when you go stable, because the number of packages that users
18 want to see stabilized usually goes up, not down. Especially once you start
19 supporting *anything* under X11.
22 Joshua Kinard
23 Gentoo/MIPS
24 kumba@g.o
25 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
26
27 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
28 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
29
30 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic