From: Mike Martin <mikemartin@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Question - Kumba LiveCD RC6
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:54:46
1 Success!
2
3 I have successfully burnt and booted my SGI Octane from Kumba's X-RC6
4 distribution. The trick was in the burning. I was burning it from SUSE
5 in a DVD burner. For whatever reason, it didn't work. I then tried
6 burning it using cdrecord under Windows XP. I know everything says you
7 can't burn the disk in Windows, but it was the only other machine I
8 had with a burner. It worked.
9
10 For the record I used this file:
11 http://smithii.com/files/cdrtools-2.01-bootcd.ru-w32.zip
12 downloaded from this site: http://smithii.com/cdrtools
13 with this command: cdrecord -vv -pad speed=12 dev=1,0,0 -tao
14 livecd-mips3-gcc4-X-RC6.img
15
16 I've used the disk to boot my Octane and my Indy, both into X without
17 any other problems.
18
19 Thanks everyone for your help!
20 Now I just need to figure out how to install and boot from the hard drive!
21
22 MikeMartin
23