From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] arcboot problem R5000 o2
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:38:53
Andrew Finley wrote:
> Hi Steve, > Ok I moved the kernel and /etc/arcboot.conf to my /boot (and as noted in > the man page, made a link from boot to boot) and changed my arcboot.conf > to reflect the changes. > > Now in the prom I resetenv so that: > SystemPartition = pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8) > > then ran arcboot - then it says it can't find the arcboot.conf or an > ext2fs. Then it says to adjust OSLoadPartition to > pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(2) Which I tried with no success > I also tried pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1) with no success. > My boot partition is on sda1, root is sda3, and swap is sda2. > > any ideas what I'm doing dumb? >
You shouldn't *have* to adjust OSLoadPartition actually. Arcboot auto-detects that. You did mount /dev/sda1 on /boot *before* you copied the config file and made the symlink didn't you? In any case, I have the same configuration you do in terms of partition layout (with the exception of sdb1 mounted on /usr), and it WorksForMe(TM). Steve -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mips] arcboot problem R5000 o2 Andrew Finley <afinley@×××××××.edu>