From: Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson <creideiki+gentoo-mips@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Emacs in X with toolkits?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:39:24
On Thursday 24 November 2005 19.23, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
> If you aren't already, try using binutils-2.16.1.
Now that's interesting. I built the system using binutils- (~mips at the time), then downgraded to 2.16.1 to solve bug #112809. Now, Emacs won't even emerge - the temacs binary (seems to be a semi-standalone elisp compiler used to bootstrap Emacs) segfaults immediately upon start, and GDB only says: (gdb) run -batch -l loadup dump Starting program: /var/tmp/portage/emacs-21.4-r1/work/emacs-21.4/src/temacs -batch -l loadup dump Warning: Cannot insert breakpoint -2. Error accessing memory address 0x266f3: Input/output error. Binutils- gives the same error, but with at least Emacs builds, even though it doesn't run in X. Perhaps rebuilding the entire system with 2.16.1 or would make Emacs build?
> If you find a fix, feel free > to file a bug report attach the fix, and assign it to us.
I'll try. -- Karl-Johan "Creideiki" Karlsson

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mips] Emacs in X with toolkits? Kumba <kumba@g.o>