From: Olivier Bornet <Olivier.Bornet@××××.ch>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] installing gentoo on a SGI Octane 2 (IP30)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:11:00
Hello all,

I'm new to the SGI world. I have now a Octane 2, and I want to install
Linux on it, and gentoo seem a good option. I have found this page
talking about this:

and refering to:

which has moved to:

but the connection to this site is refused.

Note that I well know GNU/Debian on x86 and SPARC (Ultra 10, Sun Blade).
The main problem is that I don't know anything about SGI and gentoo.
This is a good oportunity for me to learn both SGI and gentoo.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Olivier Bornet                |    français :
Swiss Ice Hockey Results      |    english  :               |    deutsch  :
Olivier.Bornet@××××.ch        |    italiano :
Get my PGP-key at or at

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mips] installing gentoo on a SGI Octane 2 (IP30) "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>