From: Hardave Riar <hardave@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] bootstrap.sh on asus wl500g
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:46:29
1 Jason Pepas wrote:
2 > How can I do this? Would this require some combination of catalyst and
3 > a cross compiling toolchain?
4
5 You would use catalyst, but last I tried to build to build mips1 glibc based
6 stages it failed, most likely due mips1 support being bitrotten in our
7 toolchain. I'm also not sure where catalyst is in regards to crosscompiling, I
8 think there is some code there to do it, but it's not supported and hasn't been
9 tried by anyone on the mips team. Trust us when we say that a stage3 uclibc is
10 your best bet to start with gentoo on that box. Once you get comfortable with
11 that, then start experimenting.
12
13 Hardave
14 --