From: Jerry Jackson <johnathonschade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] how to mount gentoo live CD?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:52:05
It's been awhile since I played with gentoo-mips; however, the issue you are
running into has to do with the fact that the Gentoo-Mips livecd is not, in
fact, a true cd image. It is a HD image based on the Mips disc-layout
scheme. This is mentioned in the readme included with the image(iirc, it
also mentioned the build method for making the image, though not in any
detail), which I believe was worked out by kumba or redhatter (not sure
which one atm). If you really need help I suggest the #gentoo-mips channel
on FreeNode. Someone in there will have had experience with your Octane2
machine; Me, I'm an O2 man meself... :)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 6:12 AM, sébastien bertoletto