From: Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson <creideiki+gentoo-mips@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Emacs in X with toolkits?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:05:15

I've been trying to make Emacs work in X on my SGI Octane. KDE works, Emacs in
console mode works, and Emacs in X without toolkits also works, but if I
compile Emacs with either Xaw3d or Motif I get segfaults at startup.

Looking around a bit, I see this problem reported as early as December 2001[1]
and as late as April 2005[2]. Other reports (with backtraces from GDB) are at
[3] and [4].

The Debian bug report[1] claims that this is due to a bug in a new version of
binutils and that it was fixed in January 2002. I have not found any details
about this binutils bug.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Karl-Johan "Creideiki" Karlsson

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mips] Emacs in X with toolkits? "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>