From: Dirk Tilger <dirk@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Status of Gentoo/MIPS developers
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 18:00:27
On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 01:55:20AM +0100, Alexander Fry wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 08:40:53PM -0500, Matt Turner wrote: > > I'd really like to put Gentoo on my O2s, and can help out myself, but > > a couple active developers would be nice.
If it's about using Gentoo on your O2, you could look for any Linux distribution to give you a solid ground and then use gentoo-prefix in your daily activities. That would even work if you had IRIX on the box, but is most likely equally experimental as having Gentoo on it.
> Gentoo/MIPS has been pretty much inactive for the past years, mainly due > to lack of time amongst the development team, but also because it's > difficult to find powerful enough hardware that allows you to get your > job done tonight and not in fourteen days.
What might help: Using gentoo-embedded one could emerge a cross compilation toolchain on a decent compilation machine of any architecture (sys-devel/crossdev). Then you export that compiler using sys-devel/distcc and make it available on your slow Gentoo/MIPS box. Dirk.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mips] Status of Gentoo/MIPS developers "Alexander Færøy" <ahf@××××.dk>