From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Devices on the other side of a Craylink
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 03:42:10
Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 August 2006 20:21, Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson wrote: >> When booting on the RC5 LiveCD, I can only use devices connected to >> the first node. Linux doesn't say anything about the network interface and >> SCSI disks connected to the second node at all. > > I installed a system using only the disks connected to the first node, and > when I boot that (`uname -r` = 2.6.17.10-mipsgit-20060618) I see all devices, > both SCSI disks and network cards. Perhaps the LiveCD kernel is too old?
Most likely. An annoying side effect of the passage of time is that things tend to "age". You should see what it does to humans. Not really pretty. On the plus side, newer CDs will be forth coming soon, possibly another week or two, and they'll include 2.6.17.10 (maybe higher, depends on how many more secbumps it gets) --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list