From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Devices on the other side of a Craylink
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 03:42:10
1 Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 29 August 2006 20:21, Karl-Johan 'Creideiki' Karlsson wrote:
3 >> When booting on the RC5 LiveCD, I can only use devices connected to
4 >> the first node. Linux doesn't say anything about the network interface and
5 >> SCSI disks connected to the second node at all.
6 >
7 > I installed a system using only the disks connected to the first node, and
8 > when I boot that (`uname -r` = 2.6.17.10-mipsgit-20060618) I see all devices,
9 > both SCSI disks and network cards. Perhaps the LiveCD kernel is too old?
10
11 Most likely. An annoying side effect of the passage of time is that things tend
12 to "age". You should see what it does to humans. Not really pretty.
13
14 On the plus side, newer CDs will be forth coming soon, possibly another week or
15 two, and they'll include 2.6.17.10 (maybe higher, depends on how many more
16 secbumps it gets)
19 --Kumba
22 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
23 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
24
25 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
26 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
27 --
28 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list