From: "sébastien bertoletto" <sbertoletto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] how to mount gentoo live CD?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:13:42
1 hi,
2
3 We are a group composed of four students in engineer school and we work on a
4 project which is to design a cluster with SGI machines. We would like to
5 install Gentoo on our machines (SGI Octane 2 MIPS) but we have many
6 problems. Indeed, we need to modify the image disk of the live CD in order
7 to insert some software like GCC, Mpich (because when we try to install
8 Gentoo on the computer we have no x64 compiler on the live-cd and the
9 installation by portage fail so it is impossible to compile the kernel)...
10 We would like you help to understand how to mount the live cd image, it does
11 not seems to be a standart format. Could you help us to do that ? If you are
12 interesting to have the new live-cd we will create we will find a way to
13 transmit it to you.
14
15 Yours sincerly,