From: Richard <richard_c@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Booting issues
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:23:35
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm still trying to get my inaugural disk boot to work on my Octane 1.
4 I've used Skylark's config file for the kernel build (as I couldn't find
5 the official gentoo one, and the default gentoo install kernel doesn't
6 seem to work for me anyway), but I get a fairly blunt error, with a few
7 magic numbers.
8
9 The results of a boot attempt follow:
10 ARCLoader 0.43(...)
13 Reading 5638216 bytes... OK.
14 Entering kernel.
15
16 NESTED EXCEPTION #1 (vid 0) at EPC: ffffffff9fc6819c; first exception at
17 PC: 0
18
19 <EOF>
20
21 Any suggestions as to the problem, or potential solution? Where should I
22 look for further information? Is there additional information I should
23 provide? What troubleshooting advice is there? Has anyone else ever seen
24 this?
25
26 This is a fresh, current Gentoo install...
27
28 Thanks for your help,
29
30 Richard