From: David Cummings <real.psyence@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] shmem
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:52:59
1 Hey,
2 I've run into a couple of programs that either when configuring or
3 running cannot allocate shared memory, or detect that it is available.
4 Is there an easy way to test whether or not it's available? should it
5 be mounted in a special way? Thanks for any info, my info is below.
6
7 kernel config:
8 http://davec.churchofthedollar.com/BigTom.config
9
10 output of mount:
11 /dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
12 proc on /proc type proc (rw)
13 sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
14 udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid)
15 devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
16 /dev/sda2 on /var type reiserfs (rw,noatime,notail)
17 /dev/sda3 on /usr type reiserfs (rw,noatime)
18 /dev/sda4 on /home type reiserfs (rw,noatime)
19 shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
20
21 Thanks very much,
22 -Dave
23 --
24 The way that can be named is not the Way.
27 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list