From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] On MIPS using the same CHOST for all multilib ABIs
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:05:03
1 On 01/16/2014 03:01 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2013-12-28, o godz. 23:58:39
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> In the multilib stuff, we're using CHOST for two purposes:
6 >>
7 >> 1. wrapped headers are put in /usr/include/$CHOST,
8 >>
9 >> 2. multilib executables are prefixed with $CHOST-.
10 >>
11 >> (...)
12 >>
13 >> I'd suggest that you changed the CHOST values to uniquely identify ABI
14 >> in use, at least in multilib profiles and preferably in all of them.
15 >
16 > Ping. The discussion seems stalled while we're hitting increasing
17 > number of packages that rely on CHOST to run *-config programs. My main
18 > is that AFAICS this is the only upstream-compatible way of handling
19 > this without hackery on our side.
20 >
21 > As far as I understand, if you changed the CHOSTs only for non-native
22 > ABIs (and therefore leaving the prefix used for toolchain unchanged)
23 > the risk should be minimal.
26 Mike suggested creating another variable which was a combination of
27 CHOST and ABI for the multilib stuff. Why can't you pursue that approach?
30 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
31 Chair of Information Technology
32 D'Youville College
33 Buffalo, NY 14201