From: Jason Pepas <cell@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] bootstrap.sh on asus wl500g
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:40:14
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 10:25:19AM -0400, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Also, wl500g does *not* have 32mb of RAM,
3 > but rather 16mb. I know, because I have one.
4
5 I am sorry, I misinformed you. I have the "deluxe" model, which has 32
6 MB of RAM.
7
8 > Furthermore, isn't isn't
9 > necessarily the running of glibc, but more the building of glibc that is
10 > your issue.
11
12 I guess this is the part I don't understand. As far as I understand it,
13 a page of memory exists either in physical RAM, or on a swap device, and
14 the only entity who can tell the difference is the kernel. Please
15 understand that it's not that I am not listening, it's that I don't
16 understand how what you are saying can be true. The interesting thing
17 for me at this point would be to find out how a process can fail if it
18 is given swap instead of RAM.
19
20 Imagine a person whose life experience tells them the sky is blue, and
21 they understand the mechanics of light which cause it to be that way,
22 and then they encounter someone who tells them that there is a certain
23 place in the world where the sky is orange. It's not that they don't
24 believe them, but they sure would like to figure out why that is the
25 case, so that they can plug the apparent hole in their knowledge.
26
27 -jason pepas
30 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list