From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] O2 IP32 | mips-sources fails to find ldscripts
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 04:18:15
Michael Bevilacqua wrote:
> During kernel compile ld(1) is unable to find > /usr/lib/binutils/mips-unknown-linux-gnu/2.16.1/ldscripts > > I was able to compile my current kernel without problems prior to > changing to gcc 4.1.1 and rebuilding world with the -e flag, so I have a > bad feeling something was altered to make this error occur. > > To get through the compile I created a link within /usr/src/linux like so: > > ln -s /usr/lib/binutils/mips-unknown-linux-gnu/2.16.1/ldscripts . > > However, even with the working .config that is running on my machine or > the default ip32 config, I can't get this newly compiled kernel to work. > It just hangs or does even load. > > > Here is the original error:
[snip] Haven't seen this one before, but I'm taking a stab and wondering if the -multitarget keyword is to blame. I've never tried disabling it, but it looks like your building natively on the O2, so your userland/system binutils will be 32bit (mips-unknown-linux-gnu), but if you somehow disabled binutils from building a mips64 target (which I think it does during normal installs, cause they take up hardly no space), then I could see why the aboved referenced elf64* file is missing. Try building w/ multitarget enabled, and see if that changes things. --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list