From: Andrew Finley <afinley@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] arcboot problem R5000 o2
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:30:22
1 Ok, I tried.
2
3 On the R5000 O2:
4 1) emerged arcboot, then following the man page, I put it in the volume
5 header.
6
7 2) ignored the boot partition I made during the system install, and made
8 a file called kernel in sda3 (i.e., my root partition see fstab below)
9
10 3) I put the kernel that Steve gave me into the kernel file
11
12 4) changed the arcboot.conf to reflect my changes (see below).
13
14 5) then back to prom I did "boot -f arcboot" - result was an error
15 something like "can't find kernel looking in \unix"
16
17 I tried several variation on this theme but with no luck. What am I
18 doing wrong?
19 Thanks again.
20 -andy
21
22 # arcboot.conf
23 #
24 # copyright 2002 Guido Guenther <agx@×××××××.org>
25 #
26 label=linux
27 image=/kernel/vmlinux64-2004-11-06
28 append="root=/dev/sda3"
29
30 #fstab
31 #/dev/sda1 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 1
32 /dev/sda3 / ext3 noatime 0 0
33 /dev/sda2 none swap sw 0 0
34 /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro,user 0 0
35 none /proc proc defaults 0 0
36 none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0