From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] SGI O2 R5000 on initial boot screen freaks out
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:30:00
1 Andrew Finley wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I got my little R5000 O2 to netboot the ip32-r5k-20040806.img kernel,
4 > then get the message 7774342+160714 entry:oxfffffffff-a0711020, then
5 > after a moment my screen completely freaks out, and I have to laterally
6 > put the power cord. Any ideals what I'm doing wrong?
7 >
8 > Thanks for your help I can't wait until my O2 is Otoo.
9 >
10 > -Andy
11 >
12 > --
13 > gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list
17 I think that might be one of Kumba's old netboots that didn't quite work
18 right. If I'm not mistaken, he has come up with a new way of making
19 them with an embedded initrd that ActuallyWorks(tm). You might ask him
20 on our irc channel when he rises from the dead (usually later PM Eastern
21 time).
22
23 If you just want a kernel only, you can try
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~geoman/vmlinux64-2004-11-06.bz2 for now. It
25 should work, with the exception of rtc failing.
26
27 Steve
30 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list