From: "Mathias W." <m.weigt@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] Still Problems with compiling the kernel
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 08:12:09
As I mentioned previously  without getting an answer ( I'm still
having problems with compiling the kernel:

   LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
lib/lib.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

I've been always told to run binutils-config which I've done now a thousand times. I tried to switch compilers several
times. I even emerged an old version of binutils (with USE="multislot") to switch to (and back) - nothing helped.
Has anybody an idea what to try before I'm going to setup the system again from scratch?

Mathias Weigt