From: Olivier Bornet <Olivier.Bornet@××××.ch>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] installing gentoo on a SGI Octane 2 (IP30)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:48:11

> The Gentoo mips-sources package contains all the patches needed for > ip30. We also have install media for these machines, although the > current netboot images have a bug with ethernet I believe, and I'm not > sure they have support for the vpro graphics in octane2. I'm pretty > sure a new set of netboot installs and a new livecd should be available > pretty soon that should address all of these issues.
I'm really interested by the netboot installs. I'm also ready to test it and report success or failure if there is a place where I can get it. For the livecd, at this time I don't have a working CD drive on the octane2... But maybe soon if I can plug my old Sun CDROM, and if it will be working... Thanks for your answer. Olivier -- Olivier Bornet | français : Swiss Ice Hockey Results | english : | deutsch : Olivier.Bornet@××××.ch | italiano : Get my PGP-key at or at

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mips] installing gentoo on a SGI Octane 2 (IP30) "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>