From: Jim Faulkner <jfaulkne@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] SGI O2 kernel binary that will work w/ Matt Turner's stages?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:35:23
1 I'm trying to get gentoo going on an SGI O2. I've booted into the
2 Gentoo/MIPS livecd and installed Matt Turner's stage3-mips4_multilib
3 stage onto my hard disk. I can chroot into it and run some commands,
4 but "ls" gives an "unknown error," and emerge doesn't work, presumably
5 because the kernel on the livecd is too old.
6
7 I setup as much as I could from the livecd, hoping to install Debian's
8 IP32 kernel from the livecd, since arcload is available there. However,
9 Debian's IP32 kernels are 64-bit ELF. When I try to boot it with
10 sashARC, it tells me that it is not 32-bit and refuses to load it. When
11 I try to boot it with sash64, it tells me "relocation failed."
12
13 Does anybody have a kernel and modules for an SGI O2 that works with
14 Matt's stages? If so, would you be able to put it where I can download
15 it? :)
16
17 On a related note, how does Debian get arcload to boot its 64-bit kernel
18 on an IP32 machine?