From: Jim Faulkner <jfaulkne@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-mips] SGI O2 kernel binary that will work w/ Matt Turner's stages?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:35:23
I'm trying to get gentoo going on an SGI O2.  I've booted into the
Gentoo/MIPS livecd and installed Matt Turner's stage3-mips4_multilib
stage onto my hard disk.  I can chroot into it and run some commands,
but "ls" gives an "unknown error," and emerge doesn't work, presumably
because the kernel on the livecd is too old.

I setup as much as I could from the livecd, hoping to install Debian's
IP32 kernel from the livecd, since arcload is available there.  However,
Debian's IP32 kernels are 64-bit ELF.  When I try to boot it with
sashARC, it tells me that it is not 32-bit and refuses to load it.  When
I try to boot it with sash64, it tells me "relocation failed."

Does anybody have a kernel and modules for an SGI O2 that works with
Matt's stages?  If so, would you be able to put it where I can download
it? :)

On a related note, how does Debian get arcload to boot its 64-bit kernel
on an IP32 machine?