From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Question - Kumba LiveCD RC6
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:57:51
1 Mike Martin wrote:
2 > Thanks for your help. I will try another burn. I'm using cdrecord and am
3 > using (I believe) good media. What command parameters for cdrecord would
4 > you recommend?
5 >
6 > For fun I tried booting with a different external CD-ROM drive ... with
7 > identical results.
8 >
9 > I will also try the disk out on a R4600 Indy.
10
11 for cdrecord:
12 cdrecord -vv -pad speed=16 dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 -tao <iso file>
13
14 Check the md5sum/sha1sum against what's listed on the mirrors too.
15
16 An R4600 Indy might be risky. R4600 CPUs are some of the most error prone
17 things. So many hacks/workarounds in the kernel for them. YMMV.
21 --Kumba
24 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
25
26 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
27 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
28 --
29 gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list