From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Question - Kumba LiveCD RC6
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:57:51
Mike Martin wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I will try another burn. I'm using cdrecord and am > using (I believe) good media. What command parameters for cdrecord would > you recommend? > > For fun I tried booting with a different external CD-ROM drive ... with > identical results. > > I will also try the disk out on a R4600 Indy.
for cdrecord: cdrecord -vv -pad speed=16 dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 -tao <iso file> Check the md5sum/sha1sum against what's listed on the mirrors too. An R4600 Indy might be risky. R4600 CPUs are some of the most error prone things. So many hacks/workarounds in the kernel for them. YMMV. --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-mips@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-mips] Question - Kumba LiveCD RC6 Mike Martin <mikemartin@×××××.ca>